Today on episode 220 of the In A Weekend Podcast, we’re going to talk about how to Multiply Your Message by creating Audiograms.
Thank you for tuning in today to this episode. My name is Yong Pratt, your host and the Chief Dreamer of the In a Weekend Series of Classes where we help you to simplify, to automate, and to leverage the often hidden assets (like your kiddos) inside your business quickly.
This is part five of a series called Multiply Your Message.
If you haven’t listened to the previous episodes, I’ve linked them below.
Don’t Leave Out These Pieces – The Multiply Your Message Series
- 211 – Multiply Your Message Part 1
- 212 BONUS : Kids + Video = Magic for your business
- 213 – Multiply YOur Message Part 2 [Audio]
- 214 BONUS – 3 Tools to Turn Audio into Video
- 215 BONUS – Are you repurposing your videos?
- 216 – Multiply Your Message 3 [text]
- 217 BONUS – A Podcasting Success Story with Nicole Thompson
- 218 – LIVE Podcasting Q&A
- 219 – Multiply Your Message 4 [quotes]
- 220 – Multiply Your Message 5 [audiograms]
- 221 – Multiply Your Message 6 [graphics]
Let’s start at the top.
What’s an audiogram?
It’s a mini video clip. In that video, you’ll see a still image in the background. On top of that still image, you will have a little wav form – that little bar that moves up and down to show you that a video is playing. The audiogram can also include the transcripts or the text that we created on Episode 216. All of this – image, wav form, and the transcription – happens in one singular little video clip, and they are awesome.
You’ve likely seen these across social media. Here’s an example of a Podcaster:
- Podcaster creates full length video and audio shows
- Podcaster takes “clips” or “snip” from the audio (i.e., quotes from Episode 219); this can be hired out or done in house with software (I’ll share my fav tool later in this post)
- Podcaster shares audiograms across social media and links out to the full episode on a website, iTunes, etc.
Some, not all audiograms have text overlaying the still image. If you took action on Episode Episode 216, you already have text you can use.
Here’s an example of one of our Audiograms:
Why create audiograms?
People learn in many different ways: some learn best visually, others by reading, still others by listening. With the Multiply Your Message Process, we’re hedging our bets, as it were (a girl can learn a thing or two growing up in with all the gambling in Nevada). We’re taking that one, great piece of content, and transforming it into Multiple Pieces to help people consume our content in a way that’s most friendly to them.
An audiogram hits 3 types of learners right out of the gate – those that are auditory, those that learn visually, and those that learn through words (verbal/linguistic)
By the way, if you’re interesting in learning more about the 8 different types of learning or Superpowers as I call them, check out my first book, Raising a Superhero.
Audiograms are the bomb dot com (is that even a relevant phrase in 2019?)…at any rate, you get my point that they’re awesome.
Sounds good. But Yong, HOW do I create these audiograms?
I’m so glad you asked. I first introduced this tool back on episode number 214. And it does exactly what the name implies it repurposes your content. Of course in my world, when I refer to repurposing, it’s all about Multiplying Your Message – turning that one singular piece of content in to multiple.
I’m not exaggerating when I say that Repurpose changed my business by saving me TIME & MONEY. Who doesn’t want that?1?
At the time I was introduced to Repurpose, I had a full-time Virtual Assistant based in the Philippines (the cost of living if FAR less than the US). At the time, I was paying her $500+ monthly do to a portion of what Repurpose could produce automatically plus spending increasing time training and overseeing the work being produced. I could not believe what I was able to stop doing manually or what I could stop paying someone else to do for me with Repurpose.
One of the many, many, many things Repurpose can do for you, without you doing anything other than upload your time-stamped transcriptions with your audio podcast, is automatically create these audiograms for you.
Now it’s YOUR Turn…Here are today’s Action Steps:
- Get yourself a free 2-week trial with Repurpose. Trust me you will not be disappointed. If you choose is to invest in this tool, which is a mere $20 a month BTW, which equates to maybe four fancy coffees a month…You can use this software in your business every day to create audiograms and so much more.
- When you choose to invest in it, message me on Facebook, or DM on Instagram and let me know. When you use my link to purchase this monthly software,I will send you some video content to help you get started quickly and easily. Once you get into the software, you’re totally going to be hooked and that $20 a month will be the best $20 a month you will ever spend. And you’ll probably begin to wonder how you lived without it – just like me!
Next time on the podcast:
Multiplying Your Message with Graphics (Images)
We’re going to talk about how to turn your text in to some beautiful images. Plus, I have a special guest for you that’s a 28-year graphics design pro. I’m betting (there’s that NV girl shining through again), you’ll learn a thing or two.
Don’t Forget: Kids are Creators, too…
Don’t forget that your kids (or someone else’s) can be instrumental in helping you to Multiply Your Message.
Wanna hire a Young Creator to help you, tell us how we can help.
Don’t forget, any of our In a Weekend Classes are ideal for helping you bring your kiddos into your business in meaningful ways – ways which can equip them with real-world skills they can use to fund their own brighter futures.
This post contains affiliate links. When you choose to purchase the product/service recommended, I may receive a commission. Thank you in advance for that cup o’ coffee 😉