Listen to the episode (22:40)
In this live lesson with Yong Pratt AKA Dr. Content, you’ll discover:
1. Why you might be wasting your time creating content
2. What content repurposing actually is and why it’s vital for your business
3. How you can get started with content repurposing with Yong’s help at http://www.yongpratt.com/284
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Listen to the Audio Podcast HERE
If you spent millions of dollars to run an ad during the Superbowl, would you share that ad only once?
You’d use that puppy again. And again, And again to get your money’s worth.
Sadly, most business owners I see online and that we work with, are putting in countless hours creating more and more content only to forget about what they’ve already created.
Every day, they’re burying their awesome content in what I call your Content Graveyard™…
BIG SHOUTOUT to my youngest that created this awesome graphic of the Content Graveyard™
Today on this live recording of episode 284 of the Amplify Your Awesome™ Podcast, we’re going to dive into:
- What content repurposing really is
- Why [content repurposing] it’s VITAL for your business, and at the end,
- I’m going to share how you can get my help to stop burying your content in your Content Graveyard.
Hey there and welcome! I’m your host, Yong Pratt, AKA as Dr. Content because
I help business owners cure what ails their content.
Let’s start off this episode with some vocabulary just so that we’re all on the same page. Here are 2 words that you’ll hear in the episode.
- Content – Content is the information and communication you create in your business. It could be in the form of text such as a blog, a book, or social media posts. Or it could be video, audio, or even graphic content. Here at Amplify Your awesome™, we believe that content is important for 3 reasons.
- To help people get to know, like, and trust you.
- To Attract the right people while repelling those that aren’t a good fit.
- To demonstrate the transformation YOU provide in your business whether you’re product or service-based.to help others get to know, like, and trust you.
- Repurposing or content repurposing simply means taking a single piece of content and using it in multiple ways and offering it in multiple mediums.
Think: Reduce – Reuse – Recycle when it comes to your content
- By repurposing your content, you can REDUCE the amount of new content you have to create.
- You can REUSE your content in many different ways
- And you can RECYCLE the same exact content when it’s done strategically.
And the best part of content repurposing is that so much of it can be automated when you know the right tools to use.
Stick around to the end and I’ll share more about this tool and how I can help you get started with content repurposing…
Now that we’re all on the same page, I’m gonna come out and make a statement you may not like or want to here.
If you’re creating content and you’re not repurposing it, you’re absolutely wasting your time….
I’m gonna say that again.
If you’re not repurposing your content, you’re wasting your valuable time and money creating it and you’re amassing a HUGE Content Graveyard™.
For most business owners, content creation looks like this. It’s a process I call the Content Death Spiral™.
At the top of the spiral is your brand new, shiny content. You’re so proud of what you’ve created. You shout from the rooftops about it and you share it like crazy.
Then a little time goes by…
It could be a week, a couple of weeks, even a month. Then your content starts to descend down the spiral until it reaches the very bottom when it gets buried in your Content Graveyard™.
Sending content to your graveyard isn’t always an intentional decision and it isn’t inevitable when you commit to repurposing your content.
When you repurpose, you’re committing to getting the very most out of every piece of content you create.
If you’re anything like most business owners I work with privately and in my classes, you’re probably only scratching the surface of what your content can do for you.
I said what your content can DO for you.
Let’s make a declaration together, shall we?
Place your hands over your heart and repeat after me….
My content deserves so much more!
Let’s repeat that…
My content deserves so much more!!!
Take this mantra and own it.
Next time you sit down to create a piece of content, think about what else your content could become and the possibilities are really endless…
- Could my blogs or series of blogs become a book? That’s exactly how I created my first book.
- Could my videos become audios a podcast? That’s exactly what I’ll do with this video.
- Could my podcast audios become videos? When you visit my YouTube channel, you’ll see my audio podcasts as wave videos – you know those videos that have still images with an oscillating graphic that moves up and down indicating sound? Check out the waveform video for this week’s podcast episode below.
At this stage in my business, I don’t create content unless I know at least a dozen different ways, usually more, that I can repurpose that content.
How would your business look if every single piece of content you created got repurposed?
- Would it free up time for you to do more of what you loved?
- Would it save you money by allowing you to serve with more clients instead of always needing to create content?
- Would it alleviate the stress and anxiety about what to post on social media every day?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, I have an invitation for you.
I get asked all the time what tools I use for content repurposing, how to get started, and how to automate the process.
And because it’s summer and I know you have important family bonding time to focus on rather than creating endless amounts of content day in and day out, here’s what I’ve created for you.
The Content Repurposing Quick Start Workshop.
In this brand new 90 minute hands-on, do the work side-by-side workshop, you’ll literally walk away with at least one piece of video or audio content you already have repurposed into something new. Save your seat now.
I’m going to walk you through how to set up my favorite repurpose automation tool, repurpose.io, so that the video and audio content that’s currently in your Content Graveyard sees the light of day again.
How’s that for awesome???
When I work one on one clients, they pay me anywhere from $300 and up to have me help them set up their repurposing system or to help them co-create a repurposing strategy that works for their business.
Content repurposing isn’t one-size-fits-all. Content repurposing needs to support your business and its goals, not create more work for you.
In the Content Repurposing Quickstart Workshop, you’ll get access to me for 90 minutes, you’ll set up repurpose.io to turn your current video or audio content into more awesomeness that you can immediately share one social or anywhere else you want.
And you can save for your seat for the workshop for only $27….
I know, I know. It’s a total steal! My mentors and biz besties told me that $27 is way to low for the value I’m offering to you.
Here’s the deal.
I want to see your business success and I want to see you Amplify Your Awesome™ in a time when so many businesses are closing their doors.
- It’s time to breathe new life into your content.
- It’s time to resurrect pieces from your content graveyard.
- It’s time to get started repurposing your content today with the Content Repurposing Quickstart Workshop where you can get my help to repurpose and automate the content you already have
- It’s time for MORE people to see your awesome content and see the value and transformation YOU provide!
If you’re ready to quickstart your content repurposing for only $27, just pop in the word ME under this video and I’ll reach out to your personally. The live workshop will be on Monday 7-20-2020at [11:11] AM PST.
I look forward to working with each of you to magically turn every single piece of content you create going forward PLUS resurrect what’s currently in your Content Graveyard™ by learning to Repurpose it…all for the less than the cost of a couple of fancy coffees and a few treats.
Save your seat now and Quickstart YOUR Content Repurposing.
Thank you for tuning into this live recording of episode 284 of the Amplify Your Awesome and I’m Yong Pratt
Listen to the Audio Podcast HERE
Are you using Repurpose.io to save time and money in your business?
If you’re not repurposing your content, you’re missing out on reaching more potential clients on multiple platforms including LinkedIn.
In this first LIVE Repurpose.io training and sneak peek, Yong Pratt of Amplify Your Awesome™ interviews Repurpose.io Founder, Hani Mourra.
Sneak peek of what’s coming up in Repurpose.io.
👉 LinkedIn Video Publishing
👉 Video Trimmer
👉 Video Resizer
Try Repurpose.io for free today